What is a Response Team?
- 5-6 Response trained individuals who assist during a Psychiatric Emergency
A compassionate go-to rapid response team for managing critical events
Also known as, PERT – Psychiatric Emergency Response Team
Why have a Response Team?
- They help maintain safety in a crisis
- Role model quality care and professional crisis intervention skills
- Ensure the Response Protocol is followed throughout a crisis
- Facilitate post crisis debriefing
What is taught during the Response Team training?
- The what, who and how of creating a Response Team
- Team Intervention skills for Psychiatric Emergencies
- How to conduct training drills for practicing a team approach
How to become a Certified Response Team Member?
1. For Organizations already incorporating Response Crisis Intervention Training for staff
Attend a 2-day seminar to learn the Response Team Protocol
2. Organizations that are not currently incorporating the Response Crisis Intervention Training for staff
Attend a 4–day seminar
- Day 1 – Learn the Response Protocol
- Day 2 – Verbal Escort Training
- Day 3 & 4 – A two-day seminar on the Response Team Protocol
Response Training Programs YouTube link to PERT Overview
*Contact us to set up a Response Team Seminar at your site and for fee information.