We are an internationally recognized crisis intervention training program, providing an emotional first aid curriculum we call, the “Response Protocol”.
We help you intervene safely and answer:
- “What is my crisis intervention goal?”
- “What do I say?”
- “How do I move?”
- “How do I create safety for myself and others?”
Response Crisis intervention skills for:
- Psychiatric Emergency Response Teams (PERT)
- Community-Based First Responders and Caregivers
- Family Members
We believe – Everyone benefits when we all speak the same crisis intervention language.
We call this approach to universal skills building
Response Sustainable Organizational Safety
ResponseSOS helps you and your organization develop
- Unified practices
- Problem Solving
We help organizations reduce:
- The need for hands-on techniques
- And eliminate the need for seclusion
- And eliminate the need for mechanical restraints
- Workman’s compensation cases among direct support professionals.
- Stressful environments for clients and staff
- Self Control
- Verbal Intervention skills
- Verbal Escorts
Our hands-on interventions allow a person in distress to move, and thus reduce the need for brute force during an intervention.
We do not teach
- Prone Restraints
- Floor Restraints
- Pain Compliance
- Sexually provocative holds, such as basket wraps or bear hugs
Response Protocol Philosophy
- Crisis prevention begins by promoting an organizational norm of self-assessment, for both the individual practitioner and the crisis management team.
- Through self-assessment, participants identify and then modify behaviors that contribute to the escalation of violence.
- The Response Protocol teaches and promotes the concept that crisis equals opportunity.
Response Protocol Goal is “Make a Scene Safe” by,
- Creating a cultural norm of managing conflict safely.
- Learning how to act in response to incidents as opposed to reacting in response is integral to the Response Protocol.
Response Protocol Individual and Team Goals
- Effective communication skills
Get the full background and beginnings of Response Training Programs and the Response Protocol, by listening online to the Leading Chaos Podcast. Begin at 018 – Part 1- The Leading Chaos Story. This free podcast is hosted by Response CEO Alexandria A. Windcaller.
Contact: Set up a Response Seminar today